Admiral Fridge Freezer

• Style

• Service & Support

BP126's review of Maytag Admiral

“Admiral Fridge Freezer”

Written on: 15/11/2012 by BP126 (2 reviews written)

I bought the Admiral Fridge Freezer 5 years ago. It is a re - badged Maytag model and Maytag undertake any service issues. I took out an annual service plan offered by Maytag when I purchased the item which was fortunate as it has suffered from a number of faults from day 1. Maytag have now refused to renew the service plan and the appliance has developed another serious fault. Maytag's customer service is appalling. On the last three occasions I called and asked to speak to the person who was last dealing with the problem, I was told, quite rudely, that she wasn't available. I asked that she call me back but, this has never happened. I have now written off the appliance and will buy another model - most definitely not Maytag. If anyone is considering buying a May tag appliance, I would urge them to look elsewhere.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Stevedavo's Response to BP126's Review

Written on: 15/08/2013

My wife unfortunately bought an Admiral Fridge Freezer (Maytag rebrand model), large Black Leather covering effect from Carters in Brighton 6 years ago for £1000. The product is useless and unreliable.
I used to work in the Domestic Appliance sector and have never seen a Fridge Freezer malfunction so often. It has gone wrong on 8 occasions. Regularly freezing everything in the fridge, no water flow as the pump packed up or the solenoid attached to the pump. Now it won't freeze and has defrosted all the food in the freezer - AGAIN
What ever you do, do not buy this brand of product.
I won't pay for another repair, we are going out to buy a Samsung or an LG. Even the engineer who attended last from the manufacturer said they were notoriously unreliable. Heavy, great build quality but too many features that regularly went wrong.......
Enough is enough