Fridge freezer good, hotpoint service appalling

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

hemikel47's review of Hotpoint FF200LP

“Fridge freezer good, hotpoint service appalling”

Written on: 21/07/2013 by hemikel47 (2 reviews written)

I was very happy with the fridge freezer when it was working but 2 years on the compressor packed up. The service I got from Hotpoint is appalling and completely unacceptable. For this reason I would recommend you do NOT buy Hotpoint.
I have been left without a fridge in the current heat wave for 12 days up to now, have had 2 visits from an engineer, had parts fitted, and it still doesn't work. The worst, most frustrating thing is, they couldn't care less. The service centre is run by a computer, the staff are not able to react to an emergency or address your particular concerns, or communicate with the engineers directly. They just give you a date that comes out of the computer and that's it. My last visit resulted in the engineer doing something that tripped my fuses so that no appliances would work. I phoned the service centre as soon as I realised, approx 10minutes after the engineer had left, and asked them to call him back. All they did was give me another appointment in 6 days time. I said this was unacceptable, surely they could phone him. They just repeated he is booked up until next Monday. They did not seem to grasp or care about what had just happened. Unbelievable.

• More than 1 year