Never buying Hotpoint again!

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Wesso82's review of Hotpoint FF200E

“Never buying Hotpoint again!”

Written on: 02/01/2013 by Wesso82 (1 review written)

Purchased this fridge freezer about 4 years ago and I've never been happy with it. The runners for the 2nd freezer drawer have broken so the drawer gets stuck all the time, so now the front has snapped off the drawer from it being forced so much! I've also had the dreaded ice at the bottom problem for years, meaning it needs chipping out every few weeks and also keeps leaking on the kitchen floor. Yesterday it started beeping, so checked the manual and apparently the freezer temperature is too high, so now I'm going to take the back off to see if I have an iceberg to remove like so many of these reviews mention. I only came online to find a solution for my warm freezer, and I'm astounded how many people have the same problems!
Just for the record, I decked my whole kitchen out in Hotpoint, the washing machine lasted 2 years, the oven doors knackered and the display on the tumble drier flickers ( and I've had to have the back off that to repair it once already also). Moral of story DON'T BUY HOTPOINT!

Iaintaylor's Response to Wesso82's Review

Written on: 12/01/2013

Hi,
I had the same problem with a hotpoint freezer leaving water on the floor. It is caused by the rubber drain tube at the back (above the compressor) closing up causing the defrosted ice to run down the inside of the freezer. I cut it shorter and the freezer now works perfectly.