Do not buy

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Hotpoint FF175B

“Do not buy”

Written on: 12/09/2012

We purchased this fridge 3 years ago and have had problems in the last 12 months. It is by far the noisiest fridge I have ever known but in the last year it has stopped working on numerous occasions. Each time we have only realised this when opening the fridge and realising the light wasn't on and the temperature soon plummets afterwards. I checked the plug first assuming it was a fuse issue and when I replaced the fuse and plugged it in the fridge came back to life. Fast forward 1 hour, excessive popping noises and off it went again, we repeated this process numerous times before it stopped switching itself off. After that no problems for 4 months and then one morning we found the same problem had occured. We managed to get it working again and no problems for months until today when it has gone off again. I have found that removing the fuse from the plug and then putting it back in seems to get it to work, sometimes for a matter of minutes and sometimes for months. I have just looked online for problem solving and having read these reveiws don't feel assured that asking for an engineer would do anything other than cost us money. Disappointing as the fridge looks good, is spacious and reasonably priced.I would not recommend this fridge to anyone it's really not worth the hassle and I will certainly be doing my homework before purchasing my next one.

• More than 1 year