Defective finishing

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Beko TZDA629F

“Defective finishing”

Written on: 13/03/2013

I have had a Beko freezer since 13.4.10. It performs its freezing duties admirably.
However in recent months I have found that two pinhead-sized rust spots had appeared at head height on the door. I was sad about this but shrugged it off. The door looked fine front on, but this week I had reason to be on my knees in front of it picking something up, and as I looked up at the door I could see that the entire door seemed to be covered in these pinhead-sized rust spots, like some sort of rash.

I contacted Beko and sent them photos and they told me that in the opinion of their "engineer" these could have been caused by bleach. I was amazed because I have had white goods for over fifty years and none of them have developed these symptoms.

The white goods currently in my kitchen are far older than this Beko freezer and are not similarly afflicted. In any case I do not use bleach on these items, Ecover washing up liquid in warm water and a cloth are sufficient to clean them.

Beko's attitude was very discourteous. They were clearly bored, and they were patronising and borderline rude. They told me to contact my supplier, and of course I should have done so in the first instance. But there was no reason for their rude dismissive attitude.
I will never buy another Beko item again, and I will tell everyone I know that they do not offer customer support and are rude and robotic.
By coincidence today in the Daily Mail was a letter from an aggrieved Beko customer complaining about their treatment of her and their refusal to accept responsibility.

So, beware. Deal with Beko at your peril.

• More than 1 year