LOST ALL RECORDINGS

Guest's review of Thomson DTI 6300-16

Thomson DTI 6300-16

“LOST ALL RECORDINGS”

Written on: 23/06/2011

I bought a Thomson DT16300 Top Up+Digital TV Recorder quite some time ago and have been quite happy with it, there were many occasions when it froze, missed recording programs and told me the programs had been corrupted, however this morning ALL my recordings have been wiped out; HOW could that have happened? I have not even seen them yet, also I can no longer record anything. I rang top up TV and they have told me that unless I pay from £7 to £12 a month subscription they cannot help me, as they are not responsible for the maintenance of my box (nice). So please tell me who can help me If no one can this must mean that this recorder is no good to me and will need to be thrown on the dump, if this is true why would I buy another of your products, if this is correct something I bought as a one off price has turned into an expensive item. They kept telling me to contact Thomson directly; well I think I have more chance of winning the lottery. I for one will no longer be buying THOMSON PRODUCTS of any kind.

• Over 1 Year

Time DVB Owned

Djmfoc's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2013

Hi mate, this is the guaranteed fix for your issue, although nothing will return your recordings but this will fix your problem and only takes 5 mins.

**Unplug universal 230 volt cable from the back and power down any residual energy stored in the capacitor by holding the power button down for 20 seconds.
Now whilst keeping the power button pressed replace the power cable, at the very first blink of the orange LED release the power button and immediately enter this sequence on the units front keypad in quick succession
up ↑ down ↓ left ← right →
the unit will now format the hard drive indicated by activity from the orange and green LED's and takes approx 20-60 seconds depending on hard drive size.
these steps must be done in quick succession
keep trying until you get it correct.
perform channel scan afterwards as normal. jobs a gooden.

RECAP:
1, unplug and hold power button for 20 secs
2, replace power cable holding power button until 1st blink
3, immediately enter - up ↑ down ↓ left ← right → on box
4, wait for solid red LED and power on
5, perform channel scan until all 4 stages are complete*

*note: enter 'choose providers' menu option and switch off all of the TUTV services in the list unless you are a subscriber, this will make available approx 60% more record space on your HDD for 'freeview only' users.

**Hidden maintenance menu:**
Using remote enter - MENU/ HELP/ and type '1,3,9,7'

Enjoy.