Does job but prone to freezing

Guest's review of Luxor TUTV2500

Luxor TUTV2500

“Does job but prone to freezing”

Written on: 12/03/2013

Cheap, basically does its job, but the rather crude looking operating system can be prone to freezing and unresponsive to remote, especially when setting timers in TV guide, even necessitating switching off at the wall... I am left nervous when setting timers in case it's going to do this. On one occasion I left it frozen for over three hours while I went out to see if it corrected itself, but it was still frozen when I returned.
It seems to record repeats of programmes I've previously recorded, watched and deleted, so it is storing this information... not a major problem as you can delete unwanted recordings, unless your hard drive is becoming full.
Overall, although this is cheap and functional, and quite easy to use, I would say you might be better off considering something a bit more expensive from a better known brand, as the clunky software can be irritating.

• 6 - 12 Months