Written on: 19/05/2012 by riazhussain (1 review written)
I purchased this cooker in 2003. On 24.12.09 I was cooking my dinner in the oven and went for a bath. About half an hour later I checked on my dinner and noticed that the flame had gone out in the oven. I went to go find my gas cooker lighter to relight the oven. I lit the cooker and the next thing I know there was a big explosion and I was engulfed in a fireball!!!. My face & hair burned. I was lucky to escape without serious injury. The emergency gas authorities arrived and condemned the cooker because of a faulty flame device within the cooker. The emergency gas authority company said that the gas is supposed to shut off if the flame goes out, but on this cooker, the faulty flame device didnt work and there was a build up of gas within the cooker which exploded when I relit the cooker. I went to A & E at the local hospital. I am fighting the case via a solicitor but indesit deny any liability. I wonder if you anyone has had a similar experience. I hope not!
As rated by real users
"Brilliant I have finally found..." Read More
"Glass doors not safe" Read More
"Fiercely hot gas oven" Read More
"Poor quality of symbol Panel" Read More
"Professional plus 110 lovely c..." Read More