CUSTOMER SERVICE ?

• Speed of service

Guest's review of Western Union Money Transfer

“CUSTOMER SERVICE ? ”

Written on: 01/03/2013

I have been sending money every month by Western Union using their agent in my local travel shop for over 7 years with very little problem. However I now need a breakdown of the transactions, all to the same recipient, which, with modern computerised systems of multi-national companies you would think would be quite straightforward. I contacted Customer Servtces and was told by a helpful young lady that the details would be forwarded by e-mail in 5 to 10 working days. Weeks went by and nothing happened. I . All this I rang again and was then told I would need to fill in 2 forms, provide proof of identity, pay £15 fee and provide the MTCN number as proof of payment. All this I did and e-mailed it through on December 20th., 3 weeks ago. To date I have had no reply or acknowledgement to either my original e-mail or the 2 subsequent e-mails I sent. A phone call to a barely intelligible female employed by Western Union in some Third World backwater did nothing to resolve the situation or assuage my anger at the blatant disregard for their customers. If this is what passes for Yank customer service they can shove where the sun don't shine. I shan't be using them again. Lloyds TSB now do the service I require for less anyway. So up yours Western Union !!!

• Personal