Can't Sufficiently Verify....AWFUL EXPERIENCE

• Speed of service

GaryLG's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Can't Sufficiently Verify....AWFUL EXPERIENCE”

Written on: 19/06/2013 by GaryLG (1 review written)

I originally tried online via an associated website (Travel Premier) who seem to use ICE. I later tried registering through ICE directly. In both cases the registration failed because they were "unable to sufficiently verify" my identity. On ICE website I also gave my passport and then my driving license info.

I have been on the electoral roll and have lived at my house for at least 10 years.

The advisor (at ICE) seems to think the identity check (with Experian) fails. I joined Experian and neither they nor I could find anything "wrong" with my identity info. Nor could Experian see ANY evidence that ICE had REALLY checked my identity with them: There should have been what Experian called a "footprint" left from an ICE identity (not credit)check. There was none. I conclude that ICE haven't REALLY checked with Experian and that ICE's "database" is filled with faulty data...leading to an identity check failure. ICE have been unable/unwilling to investigate/check further.

This is VERY frustrating: ICE say its Experian's fault and Experian say its ICE's fault. There appears to be nothing I can do about this and nothing ICE can/will do about this.

ICE website indicates that about 1 in 5 potential customers will "fail" their identity check. How can a company live with excluding 20% of their potential customers??

I have spent hours trying to get ICE and Experian to work together to resolve this. Each points to the other. I know who I believe is at fault. Hint: it's NOT Experian!

To this advisor, if you are monitoring this. I do thank you for your efforts but you need a deeper technical investigation than you have currently managed to get. At each stage of our dialogue you have politely suggested that you have gone as far as you can. I still believe your software is faulty.

You seem to have consistently good exchange rates but losing 20% of your customers through faulty identity checks is appalling.

• Personal

Type of customer

• Speed of service

Calummaclean's Response to GaryLG's Review

Written on: 26/06/2013

I've had the same problem today when trying to register on the ICE website. I've used ICE previously, I've been at the same address for 15 years, UK born-and-bred, but it doesn't accept either my passport details or my driving license details.