Currency Exchange Broadband

• Speed of service

ballboy1066's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Currency Exchange Broadband”

Written on: 15/06/2013 by ballboy1066 (1 review written)

Well that's what it felt like. Like others in this review section, I went on the Martin Lewis site several days on the trot prior to using Travel:Premier. The first thing I noticed about these Currency Companies is the lack of protection if they go bust (see the rider on ML's page). Most are relatively new companies so there is very little trading history available. The only thing you have to go on are these reviews and a few articles in the press.

So, it feels risky but, big companies go bust don't they? Your risk therefore is, your method of payment. Pay for a holiday by debit card.. more risk. Pay by credit card.. less risk. It's the same with currency companies.

Paying by credit card would offer some protection but most won't let you do that. The ones that do levy the usual 2/3% charge and so are you going to get cheap travel money.. No!

And so, you need to do your own research. And, luckily we're left with internet reviews and the press which, on the whole, favour the currency companies.

I used Travel:Premier for my transaction. After doing my research I went to the site and read the terms and conditions which I urge you to read as there are some important 'ifs & buts' particularly concerning your method of payment and how it could affect your delivery.

What about my order? Well, I ordered online (Thursday), paid by debit card and, received my currency by Royal Mail Special Delivery at 1030am the very next day (Friday). As per T&Cs, I checked my package to see if had been tampered with.. it seemed in order. I checked the contents and the amount was there as promised. I was very pleased with the whole arrangement.

I didn't have to drive anywhere, didn't have to park anywhere, didn't have to go from bank to travel agent to bureau-de-change, on foot, comparing rates. I got on with other more productive things and so, overall, I would recommend the currency company I used which is.. Travel:Premier.

And, finally, I do not work for them.. I am retired.. live in the north of England and they are based in Shaftesbury Ave, London.. I checked!

• Personal