Computer says "N O"

• Speed of service

admiralross2400's review of ICE Plc - www.iceplc.com

“Computer says "N O"”

Written on: 21/05/2013 by admiralross2400 (1 review written)

My girlfriend and I applied for one of ICE's US $ cards, attracted by the lack of any fees for using them abroad.

When we applied, we were both advised that the system was unable to verify us. This was despite providing full Passport details and Driving license details.

It turns out, their card helpline is only open Monday to Friday, 9-5. This is a bit inconvenient considering we both work those hours, but I called them on my lunch.

After 15 minutes of hold music, I finally got an adviser.

Her response was that, as we had only lived in our current address for a year, the system was unable to verify us. I asked what we could do to verify...provide full history of addresses etc...and apparently there is no way to go through if this is the case.

I work in the financial services myself and I have never came across somewhere I could not be AML vetted...until now.

The customer service was absolutely shocking and I will now never use ICE for Card or for cash...instead, we got a "My Travel Cash" card.

No issues, no fuss, and fast delivery (which ICE don't offer for cards).

• Personal

Type of customer

• Speed of service

Ice_Plc's Response to admiralross2400's Review

Written on: 24/05/2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all customer feedback as it helps us to continually improve our service

We are currently reviewing the 3rd party system we use for the verification checks and also implementing other ways to perform the required AML check. Hopefully once these have been implemented customer like yourself who have recently moved will still be able to use our service.

I apologise it took so long for you to get through to us, unfortunately lunchtime is one of our busiest periods and the call queues can become quite long. However you can always email us with your query and somebody will respond in a timely manner.

If you would like to discuss the issues you have had in more details please do not hesitate to email me.

Kind Regards,