Great service

• Speed of service

absconditamontibus's review of Caxton FX Currency Exchange www.caxtonfx.com

“Great service”

Written on: 28/05/2012 by absconditamontibus (1 review written)

I have used my caxton card in Brazil, Argentina and Italy without problems. I have never been charged at ATMs, it has felt a lot safer than carrying around cash and I could really monitor my spending. Last summer I had my first issue in Greece. Everything seemed to be going smoothly, but when I returned to Italy and tried to take out money I noticed that everything was gone! I thought it was an error on the system when the ATM machine notice told me I'd already taken out my daily allowance. I had not taken any money out for a week, so my boyfriend suggested my card had been cloned, naturally I freaked out! I went back to his house to check the transaction history, £10-£15 a day, sometimes twice a day, had been taken out of my account since Greece. These small withdrawals had been taken in Mexico, Argentina, South Africa, Australia and various other exotic destinations... I rang up caxton immediately to freeze my card and they did so, within a week they had refunded me the £500 which had been taken from the card, though I had to return to using my debit card for the rest of the trip.

I am about to start using it again in China... Since then I have been somewhat scared of using ATMs and guard my pin or try to enter the bank building to avoid hidden cameras and microchips. Caxton fx dealt with the problem efficiently and provided a lot of reassurance when I was in a panic. They refunded me without too many questions as it was obvious from the transaction list that I wasn't at fault. If it were my debit card, I doubt my bank would have been so sympathetic.

All in all I have found the caxton fx global card safer, more flexible and less hassle. The staff are also very polite even when dealing with a tearful nonsensical customer on the other end.

• Personal