Terrible company: AVOID

• Accuracy

Guest's review of Travelex Currency Converter www.travelex.co.uk

“Terrible company: AVOID”

Written on: 19/08/2013

WARNING: DO NOT USE TRAVELEX!

I'm a frequent traveller and was told I should try Travelex. God what a mistake!

They said there was a problem with my payment and it didn't go through, but in fact they took the payment 'ringfenced'. I called the card company who gave me the authorisation code. So Travelex effectively locked me out of my account money and it won't show up until after I have left the UK.

I eventually got to the bottom of the issue and it was Travelex NOT the card company as they repeatedly lied to me. Basically, their database is extremely limited, out of date and inaccurate. So the address I inputted didn't match, whereas it was actually fine. When I later used a different card I noticed they only flagged up 4 flats in my block, not the 6 as all other companies, correctly, have.

What made it all so much worse was the staggering rudeness of the staff when I rang at premium rates. They were obnoxious, offensive and 'CNBA' about the whole thing, constantly blaming others.

Terrible, terrible, company who don't deserve to be trading.

• Accuracy

Pat1972's Comment

Written on: 26/02/2014

Would have bothered myself if I knew. I'm currently going through the same thing. You are right... They don't deserve a trading licence. Appalling !!!!