Not so fine at all

From 1 review

Guest's review of Greys Fine Foods - www.greysfinefoods.com

“Not so fine at all”

Written on: 17/02/2015

Ordered a suckling pig roast for Xmas and paid £8.50 extra so it would definitely arrive in time.
It should have arrived 22nd December, in time to get marinated and prepared.
I had to ring up to find out where it was on the 24th, and was told it would get there.
This has added considerably to my Christmas Stress and expense, I could not rely on their word and had to buy an alternative to ensure we definitely had a good Xmas meal for the family.
It did arrive on the 24th in the afternoon. Unfortunately when we cooked the roast it did not turn out nice and moist and tender as one would expect a suckling pig to be. I am not useless in a kitchen and am quite sure it was not my cooking ability. A pork roast would have been tastier.
- After Xmas I contacted the company with regards to the wasted next day delivery charge and the extra expense and worry I had.
I was eventually refunded my £8.50, but it took about 5 phone calls. With regards to compensation for my extra expense and stress I was offered 10% off my next order. This is standard on their website, so means nothing. I then was offered a bottle of wine and thought ok, fair enough, I'll accept that. When it did not turn up, the very nice staff member said that the boss (Xavier) said no, the staff member must have misunderstood him, that bottle of wine would only come as part of my next order.
Needles to say that by this time I felt rather aggrieved and treated like a fool by a cheap skate who obviously does not think much of his customers.
So if you want a poor cut of meat and unpleasant treatment by the boss (who never bother to speak to me himself) then this is the website to go to. I just feel sorry for his pleasant staff members.

Jemma877811's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2016

My food came on time. It was yummy.