delivery, delivery, delivery

michaelbegg's review of Dukeshill Fine Food www.dukeshillham.co.uk

“delivery, delivery, delivery”

Written on: 17/08/2012 by michaelbegg (1 review written)

The Dukeshill's delivery courier in highland Scotland has an interesting pitch; you are 'phoned and told that the van driver is 'under pressure' and could you drive out to a nearer point - 'Is there anywhere I could meet you?' or: 'Is there anywhere I could leave it?' He does not take no for an answer, so you are intimidated into agreeing to his dropping off the goods at a location of his choice, before thinking about the sheer lunacy of this arrangement and phoning the supplier.
Dukeshill then professes outrage but does precisely nothing, the latest case resulting in no delivery of my order at all. This scenario has happened on both occasions I have ordered from Dukeshill, so they cannot be too concerned about putting it right.
There must be other ham companies, and I suggest we try and find them and remind this toffee-nosed bunch that their Royal Highnesses cannot consume the company's whole output.
Michael Begg