Perfect for beginners or experts

From 1 review

reviewkitten's review of British Baking - Peyton and Byrne

British Baking - Peyton and Byrne

“Perfect for beginners or experts”

Written on: 30/04/2012 by reviewkitten (295 reviews written)

I was given this beautiful, pastel coloured book as a present for Christmas. At first glance I simply thought it would live with all the other recipe books I have crowding my bookcase. That was until I tried one of the cakes out (Madeira).

I was impressed. I have a pretty bad oven - el cheapo nasty - but the cake turned out beautifully. It tasted great too.

So I tried another on (Chocolate brownies). Again great results. My other half has only just started baking and was worried it would all go wrong but yet again we had a lovely soft and yummy cake (lemon drizzle). So far we have made about 8 of the recipes including sticky toffee pudding which I was genuinely scared to make until everything I did matched the steps in the book. I made toffee sauce from scratch. No burning of sugar or skin. Superb. I'm now determined to try out everything that looks nice in the book (nearly everthing LOOKS nice ;). Never before have I used a cookbook so much.

If you gave Peyton and Byrne's British Baking to a Hummingbird Fan they would love you as these recipes stomp on their cupcakes...

• Hardback