Planned to fail

• Service & Support

Elietarr's review of Magimix 5200

Magimix 5200

“Planned to fail ”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by Elietarr (1 review written)

The good engineers of Magimix want you to keep buying parts that don't last.
The spindle is made of bad nylon and so are the knives needs to be replaces so often because it weirs up easily.
Probably concerns most of Magimix products because this is a planned obsolescence policy .

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Zootalaws's Response to Elietarr's Review

Written on: 09/06/2013

Do you own one?

I have had a 5200 for around 5 years - I guess I use it everyday, sometimes more than once, twice, five or more times a day.

In all that time nothing has broken or gone wrong with it, except for the lid of the box the disks are stored in - it has a chip out of it.

It is showing absolutely no wear at all, except for losing its crystal clear look to the main bowl - chopping nuts and things has taken its toll.

Despite this, my knives are as sharp as the day I bought it - certainly sharp enough to slice my spatula to pieces if I'm not careful.

I also have a 5200 in my professional kitchen, where it is used day-in, day-out for hoummus, pastry, chopped nuts, grinding rice - a myriad of uses. It has never failed me, despite the attentions of some ham-fisted pot boys.

So I'm not sure what the good engineers at Magimix are expecting me to buy... a new cover for the disk storage box?

The best, most reliable, toughest kitchen product I have ever owned, bar none.

Marco_Bat's reply to Zootalaws's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2014

I agree with Elietarr.
The planned obsolescence is also badly calculated: in my case the plastic around the spindle got broken after 2 years, before the guarranty had expired.
It's not a relief the product being in guarantee, because in my case, without watching the product, they accused me of having broken the spindle. So if the crappy plastic of its chassis get broken for the normal use (the spindle is typical because that's where all the vibrations stresses of the driveshaft concentrate), it's without cross-examination your fault and you have to pay for something which is in warranty.
Thumb down for the mechanical resistance and also for the Magimix assistance. I'm asked to pay 160€ for its factory defects before its warranty expiration.