Love it to bits

• Service & Support

blueridge01's review of Kenwood KMX54

Kenwood KMX54

“Love it to bits”

Written on: 26/04/2013 by blueridge01 (1 review written)

I have been desiring - nay, COVETING, a Kitchenaid stand mixer for ages, having seen the American tv cooks making light work of every conceivable dish by using one of these. I could not believe the rip-off difference in price from the USA price to that which you have to pay in England, so I decided it was out of my reach. Glad I did!! I read as many reviews as I could find on both the Kitchenaid Artisan and the Kenwood KMX54 - the Kenwood wins hands down - AND I got it for nearly £200 less than the Kitchenaid. It arrived yesterday and last evening was spent knocking up a new York style cheesecake, something I've been wanting to make but hadn't because it's flippin hard work by hand. I've never used a stand mixer before but oh my, this was SO easy! I had all the cream cheese mix done in a minute, added eggs, lemons, etc., another minute - bingo, poured into baking tin on top of the crumb mixture and shoved in the oven. I only had to wash up one beater and the bowl - how easy is that. Going to have a bash at donuts tonight - again, something I haven't tried to make by hand because of the hassle. I think I've fallen in love with my Kenwood. Oh, another point - it looks FANTASTIC! So sexy on my worktop - I bought the peppercorn black which is very very stylish. Its solid, well made and good looking, i'd give it ten stars if I could.

• Under a month

Owned Product For:

• Multi attachments and splash guard

Special Features

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Harryt212's Response to blueridge01's Review

Written on: 16/05/2014

They do a good coffee maker as well. Can't fault it. Just saying