At last an answer to food shopping dilemma

riverfordorganicsfan's review of Riverford Farm Organic Vegbox Home Delivery

“At last an answer to food shopping dilemma”

Written on: 17/11/2012 by riverfordorganicsfan (1 review written)

I hated food shopping until a good friend told me she'd just discovered the joys of Riverford Organics home delivery. We both used to have allotments and aspire to the Good Life-style. I must say I wouldn't have tried Riverford without such a personal recommendation because the cost would have put me off. However, I've been so impressed with the quality of the meat, fruit and veg boxes that I am now an evangelist for Riverford; their ethical approach is wonderful and answers my worries about environmental and animal welfare concerns. It's such a shame that the cost will preclude a lot of people from even trying them. My 20-something children would subscribe to the Riverford philosophy wholeheartedly but financial pressures mean their food budgets are extremely limited and they have to compromise their ideals to make ends meet. As well as the quality and ethics, on a practical level, I find the website for ordering very user-friendly; it doesn't give me a headache like other on-line food shops do. I love not having to look at hundreds of processed goods too as the range of these is small and interesting rather than vast and confusing.