AVOID!!!!!

Laurelu's review of Bob Martin Flea Kill

“AVOID!!!!!”

Written on: 02/08/2012 by Laurelu (1 review written)

I highly discourage anyone to buy this product. It contains an ingredient called "Pyrethrins" which is toxic, and in some cases, fatal, to cats and other animals. If you'd like more information on this I should refer you to wikipedia's Pyrethrin page, under the sub-heading of Toxiciy. Not only if you for the sake of your pets, but if your household containts children, pregnant or elderly family members I would be very careful when using over-the-counter flea treatments.

For my own experience I used this product on two cats. One is just under a year old and the other is 10. I woke the morning after to find them both frothing at the mouth and the younger one bleeding from the backside. I think only animal and pet lovers can understand the panic and worry I went through. After ringing the vet I was advised get them to the veterinary clinc asap. I was also told by the vet that they do not recommend this product because, as I have mentioned above, it contains Pyrethrins which are toxic. I am lucky that my cats are not elderly or have any underlying health issues.

I have used google to see if anyone else had this same issue, only to find the internet swimming in complaints exactly the same as mine. To my horror i'd also read reviews of fur dropping off, fits and death. I can not, obviously, use these as examples in my own review, but if you are thinking about purchasing a Bob Martin product again I would research it on the internet. I wonder why this is still allowed to be sold at all.

Thankfully my cats are fine, but it is disturbing to think that others might not be so lucky. Again, if you love your pets, do not buy this product. My vet recommended Frontline to me, which is what i'll be buying in the future.

I am a genuine lover of animals and my review is not meant to ruffle feathers and is not born of any vendetta. It is a warning that I hope will be taken seriously. Please, be careful.