Bob Martin Flea Collar

Guest's review of Bob Martin Flea Kill

“Bob Martin Flea Collar”

Written on: 15/09/2011

I bought a bob martin flea collar from the supermarket thinking that this would be a safe, easy way to keep fleas at bay. Shortly after putting my cats nice new red BM flea collars on one of my cats started to scratch manically, then it was following me around mewing for ages. I presumed this was because it wanted to go out. After that came the problems breathing and it just sat on the floor panting like a little pooche. I didnt wait to see if anything else was to follow and immediately removed the collar and shortly after that it was appeared to be back to normal. Since then I have read up on collars and they are meant to be one of the more risky ways of keeping fleas at bay due to the chemicals used, which can cause breathing problems, skin irritations, loss of hair as well as seizures and a few other nasty little side effects. If other flea treatments have been used as well this can double the dose already being administered. Im not saying this will happen to everybodys cat but I have spoken to friends who say their cats had bald patches appearing due to the chemicals burning the hair and have removed their flea collars. I think Ill stick to the more expensive front line in future just to be on the safe side.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 13/11/2011

our 6 year old ginger cat simba suffered horrendous continuous fits and seizures nearly 2 days after having bob martins for cats! first hewas itching and feeling generally unwell.followed by irratic behaviour and the fits. he then fell into a coma and had to be put down.thanks