Alergic reaction to advocate flea treatment in cats

Solo.Tilly's review of Advocate for Cats

“Alergic reaction to advocate flea treatment in cats”

Written on: 12/08/2011 by Solo.Tilly (1 review written)

My cat had small sores on his chin and at the base of his ears, they were more crusty than sore and they had been there for some time with out causing him any discomfort, I thought they were from his hunting. I treated him with Advocate as he had fleas, it did get rid of the fleas but after about two days. He had been aloof for a while and about five days after treatment I was shocked to see his head, he had scratched so badly that the top of his head was bleeding and he had lost alot of this fur. I took him to the vets and they said it was probably the result of having harvest mites. I did tell them that it had got much worse since the use of advocate of which there was no comment. They gave him an antibiotic injection and a weeks course in tablet form. There has been no improvement infact I am each day finding new areas, I am not sure if the fur falls out of the infected areas or if it is scratched out. I can't afford to go backto the vets, what would they do anyway? I bought some 'Blood Stop Swabs'from the pet shop they do seem to have helped a bit. But he is getting more of these spots all over his body, which says to me harvest mites were not the cause. I can't say for sure if this was caused by Advocate but I will not be using this agin on my cat. I also treated my dog at the same time, still itched for a few days and was down in the dumps for a day and a half. Not sure if I would use this again on my dog.