Worst reels I have ever bought

Guest's review of Fox Stratos FS 10000 Fishing Reel

“Worst reels I have ever bought”

Written on: 05/04/2012

I have had these reels for four years and they have been back to Fox at least four times(TWICE OF WHICH I HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR THE REPAIRES). The spools would just pop off while casting, bait runners get stuck on, clucth wouldnt tighten enough. I have fished for 17 years these reels are the worst reels Ive ever owned. Would like to sell them but would feel guilty to whoever bought them. My advice is stick with diawa or shimanno still have reels by both of them from when i started and they all work. !!!!DO NOT BUY FOX!!!!!

Tomzanetti's Comment

Written on: 15/09/2012

iv got fox 7000 and 10000, and tbh iv never had a problem with any of them. my brother and friend also use the fox stratos range and again they have never had any problems with them. i recommend any person who loves fishing to buy the fox reels. 10000 are the best imo, longer casts and handle bigger fish better :)