Biorb Life

Guest's review of Bi-Orb Aquarium

“Biorb Life”

Written on: 14/10/2012

I do not normally write reviews but after reading some of the reviews on here i felt the need to give people a real portrayal of owning a Biorb product.

In particular i have used the Biorb Life 30 for years and ran 2 different set ups while owning it. All of which have been a huge success and i have had no fish losses due to any complications with water chemistry or fish being trapped in the ceramic media.

The tank is very self sufficient and anyone with the slightest amount of common sense will be able to run one. In mine the fish have always been healthy and happy and have even bred on numerous occasions. In fact they have multiplied so much they have all been moved in to a larger tank and the Biorb is now currently housing a nano marine set-up for inverts which is also running perfectly fine with zero chemical issues and zero fatalities.

Yes the air pump is on the outside but surely that is obvious and yes you may be required to clean below the ceramic media once a year but with regular water changes and the occasional carbon change this tank will stay crystal clear and keep the fish very happy.

You may be limited by size on what fish you own but you can ignore people who will tell you it is cruel to own anything but plants in a 30 litre tank, it's an absurd claim and one which has no credibility. If you are planning on buying large fish or want vast schools of fish then don't buy this tank, buy a 100+ litre tank. This tank however is ideal for Tetras, Platys, Bettas, WCMM, Danios, Shrimp and many other small size fish.

No doubt some people have had issues with their Biorbs but 99% of the time this will be caused by negligence. This is a very good product to own and looks a thousand times nicer than your standard aquarium. You will compromise only on the size fish you are able to keep but i would hope nobody who wishes to own a koi carp would go to the pet store and buy a 30l tank of any variety.

In a nut shell use some common sense and this could be the most easy and attractive aquarium you will ever own.

Hanaconda's Comment

Written on: 20/03/2014

I agree. When I had my 60 litre life tank set up (next to a window with plenty of light) the tank practically ran itself for 2 years. I had 2 weather loaches, loads of tetras, about 4 shrimp and a bristle nosed plec. I also had loads of plants growing happily up the back of the tank. The only casualties I had were some glass catfish due to my own ignorance in not having enough to shoal together (as they can die if loneliness otherwise).

In the end I only stopped using the life tank because I didn't have enough space for it in my new flat, but now I have made space and hope to try making a mini-reef setup in it with mostly invertebrates and a pair if bangai cardinals (which my partner would like to keep).

I'll write a proper view when I've tried the marine setup as I have bought some marine conversion kits for cheap (as pets at home are discontinuing their marine range).

Hanaconda's Comment