Written on: 01/05/2012
We bought our Roomster 2 1.9 TDi from my father when it was 3 years old. At the time it had only 17'000 miles and a full service history.
Life was good up until approx 30'000 miles when a selection of problems began to present themselves.
1) The Radiator cooling fan would come on when the engine was cool (sometimes at night when whilst we slept!) and would then drain the battery so that it was not possible to start the car.
2) The dashboard displayed a yellow "headlamp" warning which apparently related to a fault with the "turning" front headlamps...which are not even fitted to the car!
3) The wishbone rear "console" bushes have both failed and needed to be replaced. One at under 40'000 the other failed at 45'000. This problem also caused premature wearing of the front tyres.
4) Stereo has twice worked but did not have any sound!. On both occasions it sorted itself out when we next drove the car!
5) The seal on the back door became loose and then got trapped in the door. It was removed entirely and after being straightened it was refitted.
A good solid versatile car for lugging a wide range of cargo..from 5 people to a single bed, but compared to my other 17 year old VW it is not as robust and, allowing for the still low mileage (47'000 in almost 6 years) it has presented a lot more problems than we expected.
As rated by our community of reviewers
" Peugeot Body Repair " Read More
Written by Bert_Gault10
" Maruti Suzuki Automobiles- a shame on Indian manufacturing " Read More
" Engine blew....... " Read More
" 2003 1.8 petrol focus " Read More
" I bought my Mk4 2.0 5dr 115bhp GTi and is the 8th Volkswagen I have... " Read More
Written by swf500