Good for short term use however a nightmare for long term!

• Ease of Application

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

vanessaaaaa's review of St Moritz Instant Self Tanning Mousse

St Moritz Instant Self Tanning Mousse

“Good for short term use however a nightmare for long term!”

Written on: 19/06/2012 by vanessaaaaa (1 review written)

After using st moritz and a variety of other fake tans in the course of a year, I can safely say st moritz is a wonderful all rounder for perhaps a night out - quick and easy to apply, lovely colour, doesn't smell too bad, very even with no patches, etc. However, after using it and trying to maintain it for say 2 weeks, it soon becomes a nightmare. I have experienced and still experience several problems whilst attempting to maintain my st moritz tan. After showering, it always comes off patchily even after having exfoliated prior to fake tanning in the first place. This may just be my skin although after showering, whilst I try to towel dry my body, the tan peels off, almost like a natural peeling tan where flakes of skin appear - this is the same that I experience with the st moritz, and results in parts of my body being the natural colour, and parts looking as if I have a skin disorder, with an almost speckled effect, of orange and white all over. This then means it is essential to fully exfoliate the entire tan off before starting again, whereas with maintaining fake tan you expect the tan to fade evenly and be able to just reapply every few days. This happens even after moisturising every day. It is also not an option to fake tan, then a few days after apply another layer of fake tan, as this results in the skin rubbing off upon touch - not a good look! The tan dries my skin out severely, and after coming back from holiday with a natural lovely golden tan, I stupidly applied this fake tan before a night out, however after showering the day after the fake tan begun the 'peeling' process and ended up with me having to exfoliate not only the fake tan off but also my natural tan. What a waste of 2 weeks in the sun!

• 2-6 months