Still prefer the Sunbed!

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

Squarehair's review of Fake Bake Self Tan Cream

Fake Bake Self Tan Cream

“Still prefer the Sunbed!”

Written on: 25/06/2012 by Squarehair (4 reviews written)

Like many of us, I used to be an obsessive Sunbed user (especially during summer), but for a few years now I’ve started to notice the effects on my skin – And not wanting to look like an old leather couch when I got older I started to look for an alternative.

After reading about FakeBake in my doctors waiting room (before getting yet another lecture about the hazards of Sunbeds) I thought I’d give it a go.

I exfoliated for 2 days as per the instructions and decided I'd sleep in it. When it went on it was very dark, but I rubbed and rubbed and soon the colour wasn't that bad. I did, however, really struggle sleeping while feeling all sticky and the smell was absolutely awful. Still; “No pain no gain”, so I struggled to sleep in the knowledge I’d look great by morning.
Unfortunately as morning came and I hopped in the shower I could see my tan running off down the plug hole! Ahhh. That’s not suppose to happen!

The following night I tried again (The Sunbed would never take this long!). In the morning I was more tanned, but I’d had another shocking nights’ sleep.

All in all not a successful a process - That said, after all the faffing, I did like the effect and I think my doctor will too ;-)

• 1-4 weeks