Fake Tan Novice!

• Durability

lou-lou93's review of Fake Bake Self Tan Cream

Fake Bake Self Tan Cream

“Fake Tan Novice!”

Written on: 02/04/2012 by lou-lou93 (1 review written)

Like many people, I was an avid Sunbed user (although only through summer) for about 15 years, and as I was beginning to notice the effects on my skin, felt it time I tried another alternative. After browsing the web, I found the good reviews for Fake Bake, and so thought I'd give it a go.
Anyway, received quickly, I exfoliated for two days in a row and after reading the instructions, decided I'd put it on at night and sleep in it.
It went on dark, but I rubbed it in well with circular motions and so the colour wasn't too bad. However, I really struggled with getting into bed feeling all sticky and gloopy! and the smell is quite bad! I totally agree that there isn't a self tan that doesn't smell, but was a bit surprised as alot of the reviews I had read, stated it didn't. Even after washing it off I can still smell it on my skin. Anyway, as a result I actually didn't sleep very well, but hoped it'd be worth it. Got up and washed it off in the morning, and it almost all went down the plug hole, needless to say I was rather disappointed! As it was sunday and I wasn't going anywhere, I re-applied it and wore old clothes all day.
Again, come the evening I washed it off, only to see most of it go down the plug hole. I do have a slight color, but not as noticable as I would have liked. I have come to the conclusion that I am not applying anough. Most people say they look like a mud monster, but I didn't, I just had a nice dark color (infact I quite liked it lol) Maybe thats where I am going wrong? I also struggled a bit with hands and feet, applying it so it looked realistic. Also it clings to any dry patches you may have quite badly. I didn't buy the Fake bake oil or cream as I didn't want to waste money before trying the tan incase I really couldn't get on with it, but I think I might have to.
I put it on my face also, and didn't like it all. It showed up every pore and flaw! so have bought the face one and am going to try that instead when it arrives.
So, what is my conclusion after my first use? its ok, but I think applying fake tan takes practice. I like the fact that there are no streaks, I may not have much of a colour but it certainly is even, which is great, especially for a beginner. Not orange either which again is great. I haven't really tried any other fake tans so can't compare, but as my expectations of fake tans go, I am relatively happy with it and intend to persevere a few more times. Experimenting with amount and application etc not sure how I'll combat sleeping in it as I really didn't like that, but again, maybe I just need to get used to it, or maybe I can find another way that works for me. Its got to be worth it to save any more damage to my skin, right? (is hoping I don't crumble and just go back to the tanning salon lol)
I'd be really grateful if anyone has any tips or tricks to help me? my email address is twinkylou33@yahoo.co.uk.
Buy it and give it a go!

• First time

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

Guest's Response to lou-lou93's Review

Written on: 30/04/2012

Why did you give it four stars?????? That sounds like a huge pain in the a@@!!! two days of your life a messy sleep... and nothing!!! i am on here looking for reviews....

Lou-Lou93's Response to lou-lou93's Review

Written on: 30/04/2012

I gave it 4 stars because its worthy of 4 stars, obviously!!! I didn't say I got nothing, I said I had a slight colour but purely because I didn't put enough on, therefore my fault and NOT the fault of the product!!!
Its worthy of 4 stars, it will just take practice on my part, if you don't like my review, go read another..........

Kacee1's reply to Lou-Lou93's Comment

Written on: 17/05/2013

You tell her :) i thought your review was pretty helpful as ill be using it for the first time in very fair skinned so the fact that you stated it was quite a light colour because you didn't use enough helps me alot as i don't want to be really dark so cheers Hun and keep on reviewing :)

Lou-Lou93's reply to Kacee1's Comment

Written on: 18/06/2013

Hey Hun Thanks for your kind words.....glad my review helped :)