Great exhibit - just too busy!

• Facilities

SR1980's review of London Sea Life Aquarium

“Great exhibit - just too busy!”

Written on: 22/10/2013 by SR1980 (28 reviews written)

I recently took my 6 year old nephew to the London Aquarium for his birthday. He'd been wanting to go for ages and I had promised to take him at the weekend.

I'm not sure if it was because it was a Saturday afternoon, or because it was raining, but the aquarium was absolutely heaving. We queued for about 45 minutes to get in, and when we were inside the aquarium there was barely room to breathe. Luckily, I'm fairly tall, and my nephew spent a lot of his time on my shoulders in order to see over the masses of people. The gift shop was a no go as the queue to pay was just unrealistic, and we didn't even contemplate looking in the café.

Its a shame, as the aquarium itself was really, really good. Lots of user interactive wall displays to keep the kids busy, and the diversity of the sea life itself was enough to keep all ages fascinated for hours. You could easily tell exactly which species was which with clearly marked displays on the sides of the tanks giving a description of the fish and what oceans it can be found in. There was a good deal of environmental awareness too, and lots of tips about saving the oceans and looking after the planet - displayed in a way in which made the kids interested.

I'd still recommend the aquarium, but on a day where its not so busy. Perhaps on a week day (not in half term!) the experience would be much more enjoyable.

• Facilities