Don't use them for a tenancy

Peeple's review of Whitegates Estate Agents

“Don't use them for a tenancy”

Written on: 03/08/2012 by Peeple (1 review written)

I rent a property in Huddersfield so this review refers to Huddersfield Whitegates branch alone.
I have rented most of my life (over 26 years) and I think this is only the second time I have used an estate agent as opposed to a private landlord.
You would think that the risks are with the private landlord as they are often slated for the upkeep of properties and ripping off students but I've had a very different experience. Both times I have used estate agents I have found the experience far more expensive than with private rentals.
Anyway back to Whitegates... i have been reporting repairs that need doing for 3 years, mouldy interior walls, flooded cellar, broken radiator knobs, leaking into the house from outside, delapedated kitchen units (literally no cupboard doors on) and I am yet to get anything done.
I originally travelled over from Leeds to view the property and was running late so hopped in a taxi which cost me a fair few quid and Whitegates forgot to turn up for the appointment so I rearranged and they showed me round and promised if I took on the place the carpets would be cleaned prior to moving in. They coveniently forgot.
I would never ever recommend them because they have lied to me constantly about fixing things for me, they are completely incompetant

• Rent Property

Used to

• 23v9by

Location

Purchasingfairy's Response to Peeple's Review

Written on: 25/07/2013

100% agree, wish I had read this review before taking on a tenancy with this shabby agent - wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy.