Shoddy Outfit

Guest's review of Townends Estate Agents www.townends.co.uk

“Shoddy Outfit”

Written on: 28/05/2013

Townends Putney branch screwed up on an apartment letting they were arranging for me. On 16th January 2013 I had two offers on my apartment, one from Foxtons and one from Townends......seemingly both new interested parties were ready to move in immediately with no potential vacancy period for me....unfortunately I went with the Townends offer... to cut a long story short...having sent many emails and made many phone calls expressing my concerns that no contracts had been issued and nothing seemed to be happening, and being re-assured each time that all was ok .....middle of march Townends finally conceded that things were going nowhere with the tenant they had lined up.....bottom line is my apartment was vacant for a month (unnecessarily considering I have never had a days vacancy between lettings such is the demand for it) and Townends are refusing to deduct that months loss of rental income to me from their lettings fee.......even though I have clearly told them that if that is the case I wont ever be using them again for lettings......yet they still refuse to compensate me......

• Rent-Out Property

Used to

Townendsestateagents's Comment

Written on: 30/05/2013

I am very disappointed and sorry to read this comment you have posted on this site. I believe you have since been contacted personally by our Lettings Director in respect of this matter, with a view to finding out a positive resolution to the situation, but if you feel there is more information that we may find helpful please contact me directly by email.

Kind Regards