Pls be careful first time buyers with townends ( putney )

Guest's review of Townends Estate Agents www.townends.co.uk

“Pls be careful first time buyers with townends ( putney )”

Written on: 01/10/2012

We are first time buyers and was over the moon when our offer was accepted. After an offer was accepted we completed everything the sales agent(from Putney branch) have asked for us to do like survey,solicitors,mortgage arrangement etc. (he was very pushy all the time) and we even paid for survey. A letter was sent to us saying that offer has been accepted.

It was a struggle for Townends to take their advert from their website and I believe they kept on showing the property even though offer was accepted. I thought it was bad service and not trust worthy at all. Eventually they took the advert from their web but it was still showing on Zoopla. I felt like they did not even talked with vendor to accept the offer.

After survey was done, we asked the agent to contact the vendor for documents to be exchanged for solicitors.

Then the sales agent all of a sudden stopped to call us, I put a pressure on and tried to call few times but was completely ignored. When got hold of him, he told us that some one else has put more offer for this property and if we wanted to put more offer. I was shocked and I did not know what to do... it was a hard work just getting at this stage. Felt like was trapped and we offered another 5 grand more. This sales agent said he will call vendor and come back to me... well he never called back again I have to chase him down and asked him what's the story. He then said someone else paid price for property and he asked if I can do that... I stopped at this stage and I feel really let down by this sales person in Putney branch.

I felt like there was no policy set by Townends for buyers and felt like he was working for seller only and had no clue as he had to call someone ( may be another sales agent involved in this property) all the time to get some answer.

This sales agent didn't really cared about the buyer and no respect was shown at all. I lost about £1000.00 which was a complete waste of time and money.

Lesson learned:
-Pls check estate agent policy before go ahead
-Don't trust sales person and take time to research
-you are buyer so take your time and do things in your own pace.

I don't think I will go with Townends again such a let down.

• Buy Property

Used to

• Townends Putney Branch

Location

Townendsestateagents's Comment

Written on: 01/10/2012

I am genuinely disappointed to read your comment and as we take customer service extremely seriously we would very much appreciate the opportunity of being able to fully investigate the difficulties you have experienced with Townends in Putney.

In order for me to do this, there is additional information such as the address of the property that I will need and I would ask that you contact me at your earliest convenience by email to rhoward@townends.co.uk.

Kind regards