Pushy pushy pushy

bpa2012's review of Taylors Estate Agents

“Pushy pushy pushy”

Written on: 19/07/2013 by bpa2012 (1 review written)

I had the misfortune to deal with a branch of this particular Estate Agency. What came across straight away was that there was a definite pressure applied to the buyer (I resisted for a long time.) For me though, there was one property that I wanted so I was prepared to go with it. The amount of properties available were reasonable enough, but no great effort was made to get me in front of them.

During the process, there was a pausity of communication. Then, suddenly, I got a call saying that the "chain was all ready to complete". Nobody had asked me whether I was in that position, it really irritated me.
The whole process had dragged on a little, as they often do. Being the buyer, I got the distinct impression that it was me personally that was the problem. I found that "attitude" quite shocking.

My solicitor, the poor woman, was bombarded with calls from them.
She was given incomplete and often misleading statements as to the position of the sale. I wrote to Taylors to tell them not to persist in this as it really wasnt helping. I offered to push the process forward in a reasoned manner-by calling personnally in to their office. An agreed exchange of contract was arranged, and yes, you guessed it, my solicitor was hassled well before this in spite of my written requests not to do so. This was escallated to a formal complain and a very ugly row.

Would I use them again-certainly not. There was no respect, nobody listened at all to my desires and offers to help.

Poor poor poor.