Reeds rains are money grabbers

Doris7's review of Reeds Rains Estate Agents www.reedsrains.co.uk

“Reeds rains are money grabbers ”

Written on: 23/07/2013 by Doris7 (1 review written)

I currently share a house tenancy with two other people, but due to unfortunate circumstances I can no longer afford to say in the house after extending the tenancy another year in April

I have managed to find someone to take over my tenancy, but the Didsbury branch of Reeds Rains said they would need to charge everyone £100 to do a new contract. I understand that they would need to charge the new person to do credit checks etc, but to also charge the other two that have lived in the house for over 15 months is daylight robbery.

They already had £120 out of us each when we first moved in and then another £120 in April to renew, so to ask for more money is pure greed.

They are the most unhelpful agents I have used, as even when we have had problems with the house they take ages to sort everything out. We were without an oven for 5 weeks, as they took there time to arrange for it to be fixed despite constantly chasing them.

Never use this company they are totally rubbish.

• Rent Property

Used to

• Didsbury

Location

Petrh's Response to Doris7's Review

Written on: 31/07/2013

I totally agree with you, similar thing happened to us. We even accepted the charges (what can you do?) but it still took 4 months for them to arrange the new contract. They are an absolute joke.