REFUSED TO PASS HIGHER OFFER TO VENDOR

Colwyn House, Sheepen Place, Colchester, CO3 3LD
01628 667800

Londonguy's review of Haart - www.haart.co.uk

“REFUSED TO PASS HIGHER OFFER TO VENDOR”

Written on: 20/03/2013 by Londonguy (2 reviews written)

Two terrible experiences

1 - Slough offices. They refused to pass on my higher offer to the vendor. In the end the property was sold substantially under value. It all seemed very odd, it was as if Haart were preventing my higher offer to go through.

2 - Enfield offices. Would not respond to my request to view a property. The for sale price looked good, perhaps too good. The property was later withdrawn form the listing on Rightmove. Again very odd, it seems as though Haart are (atn the least) not trying hard enough to get the best deal for the vendor.

In my experience properties that are stuiable for buy to let investors are not marketed to achieve the highest price, it apepars to me that Haart have prevented my interest to make higher offers - even though I am ready to buy, no proeprty to sell.

Personally I will never ever put a property for sale with this estate agent as I cannot trust them.

• Buy Property

Used to

Jaws3's Response to Londonguy's Review

Written on: 11/04/2013

This is soOO true ,I received the same experience from the branch in East London. The estate agent totally tried to put me off but I think am going to get in touch with the seller directly and let him know what his agent is up to! This property was also suitable for buy to let.

Londonguy's reply to Jaws3's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2013

It is sad as it seems this happens too often. I have reported the slough case to Trading Standards and they are invesitgating. My suggestion is you do the same .... the mroe reports Trading Standards receive the more likely they will take enforcement action.

Plopface's reply to Londonguy's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2013

Haart tend to do the hard sell and get you to have amortgage through them so they can have complete control. They did this to us, claimed that the person doing the mortgages was independant of haart yet they phoned from the haart office. This leads me to believe that if you do not take a mortgage with them then they would be less likely to be enthuisastic about any offers you might have or even in your case send them on to the vendor. We offered 82 for house priced at 85 and was told they want 90, 1 week later it's reduced to 75. What is going off there? Is it because we didn't mortgage through haart? They even ignored some of our negotians. It's still on the market now and like you I think I might get in touch with the vendor directly.

Haartestateagents's Response to Londonguy's Review

Written on: 18/06/2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you have been left feeling disappointed with the service received from our Slough and Enfield Branches.

If you would like us to investigate this matter further for you can you please email us your complaint to talk.to.us@haart.co.uk

Many thanks