Landlords beware

Parker27's review of Darlows - www.darlows.co.uk

“Landlords beware”

Written on: 05/08/2012 by Parker27 (1 review written)

A tenant of my property moved out, I received a 'checkout report' from darlows/spicerhaart in which stated "The tenants have not left this property in good condition", the tenant had repainted the lounge without permission, not maintained the garden and removed items on leaving.
I then received an e-mail from a property manager requesting what action I would like to take.
I requested that I would like to withhold the tenants deposit and take action and seek compensation from the tenant for all the items on the list - I wanted the tenant to leave the property as they had found it..
On sending in the first quote for cleaning/gardening for £195, they accepted this quote as the final quote and held it back for dispute, releasing the remainder of the tenants deposit, without even contacting me.
I received other quotes for repairs, including spicerhaart own 'Automated Notification of Rent Arrears' for £54.25 which they forgot about, the total now comes to £547.25
I have attempted to contact them but they do not return my calls.
Eventually I spoke to someone who was going to put 'something in writing and e-mail me back', which I have never received.
As a landlord, Darlows/spicerhaart have managed to put me £547.25 in debt, with no chance of getting this money from the tenant, my options are to contact the citizens advise bureau to see if it would be worth contacting a solicitor to pursue a claim or getting the money from darlows/spicerhaart but going on their previous form, feel this in very unlikely.

• Rent-Out Property

Used to

• St Mellons

Location

Spicerhaart's Response to Parker27's Review

Written on: 08/08/2012

We are very sorry that you feel this way, we take your comments very seriously and we would like to invite you to contact us at customercareteam@spicerhaart.co.uk. We will do all that we can to assist you in resolving your issues speedily. We look forward to hearing from you.