Shoddy service

bakulesh's review of Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk

“Shoddy service”

Written on: 28/05/2013 by bakulesh (1 review written)

Let out a property with them from their London N14 office.The tenant should have signed a direct debit for rent to be deposited in my account on the 28th of the month. This was not done and caused me a lot of grief in chasing tenant every month for the rent.At the end of the the contract it took five weeks to get the deposit check back from them despite having forwarded the details .Time guide lines given were missed and had to chase up every time. Phone calls were not returned. Not happy with the service received at all.

• Rent Property

Used to

• London

Location

Apollocreed's Response to bakulesh's Review

Written on: 30/08/2013

They're terrible!! I wanted to put the deposit in my own deposit scheme but they ignored my instructions and charged me a much higher price for their scheme, Then they said it was too late to change it.

Tenants trashed the property and Bairstow Eves in Hendon won't release the deposit to me. The tenant has agreed to give up the deposit but I think Bairstow Eves have embezzled the money themselves.

BEWARE of their lease terms - they give the tenant a break clause in any month after the 6th which makes it easy for the tenant to leave whenever he wants so they can then remarket and make more commissions.

Fees are really high compared to other agents. They add huge contract fees on top of the letting fee. They lie through their teeth!
--He wouldn't let me meet the tenants before they moved in and he wouldn't give me their phone number. He told me they were staying for at least a year and they left after 6 months.