Awful just awful!

Guest's review of Bairstow Eves - www.bairstoweves.co.uk

“Awful just awful!”

Written on: 20/10/2011

Booked an appointment to look at a property with Bairstow Eves, went and had a look, no problems. The sales lady suggested I speak to their mortgage advisor seeing as I was a first time buyer and didn’t really know what price range I should be looking at.
I thought yes why not, seeing as I didn’t have a lot of knowledge about this. Spoke to a lady called Paula who, initially, seemed very helpful and knowledgeable. She explained everything thoroughly and told me my options. She took all my details and said she would do a search with the lender to see who would lend me what and then we would book an appointment for the following week and discuss this how much I would get and where to go from there.

So I went in for my appointment, was told there was a problem with the system with one of the lenders and she said there was nothing further for us to discuss at the moment, she said she would call me once she had overcome this issue.

One week goes by no call, so I call up asking for her with no avail. For a whole week I tried to get in touch, finally she calls on a Saturday morning two weeks later in total asking why I was ringing as if we had never spoke before. I just said I wanted to know what was going on, she replied saying that she’s been meaning to get me in, and booked me and appointment for the following week...

Guess what, on the day she rings me and cancels, we re-arrange, she does the same thing the following week. The same thing happened again for the third time, and she said she is still having the same system problem with that particular lender, (she wanted to persue this as they are the highest lenders) and will just ring me when she has everything in place.

Two months since the very first meeting, I haven’t made any progress whatsoever, I don't know where I stand.

I have now given up on them, and when or if she does call I will tell her where to stick her advice!

• Buy Property