Terrible service & poor food

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Yew Tree, Great Horkesley, Colchester

“Terrible service and poor food”

Written on: 20/10/2012

Went to dinner with some friends to the Yew Tree, greeted at the door by a waitress who gave us the most dirty look, she then asked us to wait while she found a table for us which was expected, she then sat us at an uncleared table and didn't even return to wipe the table down.
The food was served in 35 minutes which is not bad. If by a 'hearty portion' you mean seven pieces of scampi and crucified chips for £7.49, which is severally over priced for the portion and would never pay that again. I myself ordered a medium rare streak, which was just shy of being blue and uneatable, although we did get this taken off the bill. It took the waitress almost 10 minutes to get two steak knives, and we still had to go up to the bar and ask for them again. All the cutlery was dirty, and we had to ask for clean steak knives, so by the time we got knives our food was cold.
All in all me and friends will never return and I can honestly say I would highly recommend that if you are thinking of going there don't!

• Quality of service