Definitely going back for more!

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

janesmith1975's review of The Fat Goose, Tendring

“Definitely going back for more!”

Written on: 08/10/2013 by janesmith1975 (36 reviews written)

Having recently moved into the area, I kept seeing The Fat Goose mentioned on numerous social media posts and was intrigued to find out what everyone was raving about. I had seen the Restaurant many times whilst driving by and the car park was never empty. For me that is always a good sign.

The staff were very welcoming on arrival, all politely spoken and presentable, another good sign and I didn't wait long to be shown to my table. The restaurant is nicely spaced out, which does make a change. I do hate it when places cram the tables too far together. Makes you feel like as if you could reach over a help yourself to the next table's chips.

I decided to go for a main and a dessert as I wanted to really enjoy this meal and not feel as if I was forcing every mouthful down. Being a big fish lover I went for the Haddock, which in my opinion was absolutely delicious. The hand-cut chips and minted pea purée finished the dish off nicely.

Having saved enough room for dessert the traditional Bakewell Tart didn't last too long on the plate. It was heaven on a plate.

I would highly recommend The Fat Goose for not just the mouth-watering food but the value for money and great customer service!

• Quality of service