Misleading website, rude staff & owner

ConsumerRights7487's review of Ride-Away - www.rideaway.co.uk

“Misleading website, rude staff and owner”

Written on: 18/04/2012 by ConsumerRights7487 (2 reviews written)

I live in Guernsey and I ordered £60 worth of vouchers for a member of staff. Upon checkout the amount was automatically deducted to £50 through no fault of my own, I took the payment through their "secure" payment system and that was that.

I checked the bank account a few weeks later and they had deducted £10 and then another £50 from our account. I spoke to a rude girl on the phone and exchanged many emails with a person called Stephen (this girl also gave me the wrong email on the phone for this Stephen - luckily the internet has everything and I managed to find the correct address myself).

I urge you to go elsewhere, if an invoice clearly states an amount and you authorise that amount you do not expect to be charged extra. Companies like these disgust me - and are the reason I feel the need to thoroughly check through my bank accounts carefully. This problem is through no fault of the customer - although I was made to feel stupid and to blame. Why shouldn't you query an amount that's been taken out YOUR account.

Angelaclark's Response to ConsumerRights7487's Review

Written on: 04/09/2012

The reason for this happening is the customer lives in the Channel Islands and hence is Vat exempt. The website recognised this and deducted vat from her order, reducing the value of her order to £50. Recognising that the customer wished to purchase £60 of gift vouchers this is exactly what we did for her.We tried very patiently to explain but were unable to make her understand. Following the advise of the Vat office we have now been able to make our Gift Vouchers vat exempt so that the website will not deduct vat from them in this way. The problem is now solved.
The Ride-Away Team.