Discount Equestrian don't deliver & are liars - do not use

Guest's review of Discount Equestrian - www.discount-equestrian.co.uk

“Discount Equestrian don't deliver and are liars - do...”

Written on: 18/05/2012

I ordered some tack from Discount Equestrian on Sunday, 22 April, which I needed for the following Saturday. It was listed on the Web site as "In Stock", so I was confident it would arrive by then, given the usual schedules for in stock items from online retailers.

By Thursday, 26 April, it hadn't come, and I hadn't received a confirmation of dispatch. I rang Discount Equestrian, and was told that the order had been dispatched that very morning. When I asked why it had taken so long, the woman I spoke to claimed that it was because the warehouse was so busy.

I was disappointed that it wasn't going to arrive at the weekend, and had to buy the tack from a shop on the Saturday.

The following week, the order, which had supposedly been dispatched, didn't arrive. It was at that point that I googled for "discount-equestrian.co.uk", and the magnitude of my mistake was brought home to me. The result listing was full of accounts of non-existent service, lying, and difficulty getting refunds, just like the other reviews on this site.

I tried ringing Discount Equestrian the following week, but the phone was never answered. In the end I emailed to cancel the order, and after four days my card was refunded.

The items I ordered were not in stock, and the claim that they had been dispatched to me was an outright lie. I would never use this retailer again, and would not recommend it to anyone.