Hair removal or skin removal?

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

karlii_thompson's review of Braun Silk Epil X'elle 5000 Epilator

Braun Silk Epil X'elle 5000 Epilator

“Hair removal or skin removal?”

Written on: 27/11/2012 by karlii_thompson (1 review written)

I guess I should start by saying I got bought this epilator for Christmas, a couple of years ago. I immediately got to work using it, it does what it says it does but after 40 minutes, I'd only completed one leg. I loved all the attachments, although I never used half of them as I found when the little tweezers on the machine closed, it was no where near where the guard hole was so, it would fail to pull any of the hairs out, I now have to use it without any of the guards as I get the best results, not impressed.

I love the light it has as it shows up all of the hairs, especially when sitting under, just turned on, energy saving light bulbs! The carry bag was great, while it lasted as it ended up coming away at the seam, at the bottom of the bag great, I could have sewed it up if it didn't fray.

Now in regards to the actual machine I found it relatively painless but I guess the pain varies from person to person, I mainly use it under my arms as it takes forever to do my legs, with not brilliant results. It felt like there was still small hairs so not a smooth finish but, sometimes I noticed the tweezers would often clip the hairs rather than plucking them, although under my arms it gets rid quite well ... until I got the machine caught in my skin which practically ripped my skin apart! I'm a size 6 in clothes so it can't be because I have excess skin around, I'd maybe understand otherwise.

My partner looked horrified at the sight of the now hands-free version of the epilator, the epilator clinging on to my skin under my arms like a leech with tweezers teeth! I have experienced this happening on more than one occasion, extremely painful sometimes leaving my under arms bleeding. I have never used it on my bikini line but, can you blame me?

The epilator has a two prong plug which means it needs a plug adaptor, which it doesn't come with, it's alright if you have a shaver plug in your bathroom (which I don't).

So all in all I am left with a machine of mass skin destruction! Yes I absolutely love it, not.

Hope this has assisted you in deciding whether or not to go with this product.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For

• Several attchments, a precision light, useless carry bag.

Special Features

• Durability

• Style

Fredthomas's Response to karlii_thompson's Review

Written on: 20/04/2013

I have bought this a few months ago and I am not satisfy with this product.