Don't trust the negative reviews

jimmyjazz1975's review of Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

“Don't trust the negative reviews”

Written on: 28/11/2012 by jimmyjazz1975 (1 review written)

I'm think the negative reviews on this site have been created as part of a negative campaign by a competitor. This sort of anon review site is easy to game, so if someone wanted to give customers a terrible impression of the company, it's just a case of registering a collection of negative reviews.

You'll notice that there are essentially two types of review: Balanced, positive reviews versus "this is the worst company in the history of the universe reviews", which could easily have been copied from some of the worst offenders.

Disclosure: I'm not even a Good Energy customer, but I hate seeing this page near the top of the Google rankings. I'm planning on talking to the company directly to gauge whether I should go with them.

Unhappyenergyuser's Response to jimmyjazz1975's Review

Written on: 03/12/2012

I AM a customer, I am not a competitor, you are not even a customer so what do you know about it.
All I can imagine is that YOU must have some vested interest in the company to defend them when you know nothing about them. How can you say that they are good value for money etc when you don't know is curious.
I honestly wrote what I experienced and you have rubbished that. I hope you are ashamed of yourself. They are terrible, and this is the first and only review I have EVER done on this kind of forum, or any internet discussion site of any sort. Good luck if you do swap to them! I for one don't trawl the internet to find a company with many unhappy customers and then say "yes, I think I will call them to gauge whether I should go with them".

Jimmyjazz1975's reply to Unhappyenergyuser's Comment

Written on: 03/12/2012

Fair enough, but that doesn't change the fact that online review sites are fundamentally flawed and easily gamed - so shouldn't be trusted. And it terms of having a vested interest, nope, but I can't prove it to you ... and that's exactly the point. A bunch of anonymous, unproven reviews are a poor basis for making such a decision. Sorry if you are genuinely unhappy with them, if so then definitely quit them if you can.

Ant76's Response to jimmyjazz1975's Review

Written on: 10/12/2012

Your five star rating and defence of Good Energy leads me to believe you are a Good Energy employee. I agree reviews can be bias in just basically slating companies but quite frankly if a company is bad then its anyone's right to say so on a forum of their choice. There may be companies that waste their time on drumming up bad publicity for others but these are usually obvious. If you are honestly trawling Google to look for a provider I would be suprised. I don't know of many people that would make a random statement like you have, give a five star rating and add a disclosure to boot when looking for an energy provider.