Good, if initially underestimating bills

SeasideAnt's review of Good Energy - www.goodenergy.co.uk

“Good, if initially underestimating bills”

Written on: 07/02/2012 by SeasideAnt (1 review written)

Alot of bad reviews here, not sure why. I have never had any problems, except that they initially under-estimated how much electricity we'd use. They upped the DD to compensate and it will all be paid off within a year or so (depending on use). Was a bit of a pain, but then I really should have been comparing the estimated reading on my statements with the actual reading (everyone should).

I have called them a few times and they always answer quickly. I always get someone who's polite and speaks good English in a UK call centre. Another great bonus was they were one of only a very small number of energy companies to NOT hike their prices this winter - I felt very smug! This is the reason for 4, rather than 3, stars for 'value for money'.

The only small worry I have is how I know they're only buying from renewables? My fear is that some time down the line there will be an expose on them and it turns out that really they're Exxon in disguise. Well, I have no reason to, so for now I really must let my morals guide me - even if it does cost a little more, this will only encourage me to use less!

Bottom line - like most energy suppliers, for the most part I don't really notice they're there. When I've had issues, they've dealt with it, not given me any hassle and were polite and helpful. What more could I ask for?