Absolutly awful!

Dex1's review of EDF Energy Electricity

“Absolutly awful!”

Written on: 18/11/2013 by Dex1 (1 review written)

Stay away from EDF, so many people I know have had issues with them including myself! Thought all was going fine with them up until we had moved house. As they had the cheapest tariff for us (or so we thought) we changed the supplier of our new house to edf. They obviously had all of our up to date details, including the landline number, mobile, email, home address and also my partners mobile number. 8 months after we had moved I checked our bank online to discover a week previous edf had billed us almost £200 without contacting us or sending a bill. We contacted them via live chat as it was late at night and if you try and call you will be put on hold for hours on end. We thought it was just a mistake and even after trying to sort it out via live chat we still had no idea why it had been taken from our account! We had to take money out of our wedding savings to pay for it! In the end EDF couldn't tell us why the money had come out so we called the bank direct, they informed us of the EDF account number and they refunded us the money as it shouldn't have left the account without my permission, unfortunatly we still had to pay nearly £40 of overdraft fees. We then realised the account number the bank had given us for EDFs payment was for our old account for the old house, which we had closed and had payed the final bill for! We then contacted edf again, as we hadn't lived there for 8 months we thought it was just a mistake but no, after contacting edf again they then told us it was correct and it was our final bill for that property, they said our old landlord had contacted them to amend our final meter readings (evil git also) we argued that we have the final meter readings from the day we moved out and we provided them with them 8 months previously but they said as we didn't take a picture of the meters they didn't believe us and said they were taking the landlords word for it, we couldnt seem to get them to understand that we hadnt been living there! They have the most incompetent staff it is disgusting. After a few days of heated calls between myself and the 'senior' they said as the bank had refunded us the money they were going to send debt collectors round, for a bill we didnt even owe!! Another point was why was someone other the account holder allowed access to our account to amend readings? We also asked why we weren't informed of there intention to take this money from our account, their excuse was that they didn't have any of our contact details, even though we are still a customer and have got all of our details! And they have the cheek to call their customers liars! The woman dealing with our complaint even agreed that our psycho of a landlord had done it just so we pay his bill but she said there was nothing they could do about it as it was our word against his! They just kept fobbing us off saying they would call back tomorrow. Funny we didnt have to provide a telephone number for them to call us back considering they didnt have our details they did actually manage to call back the next day. Eventually after a couple of weeks we managed to get them to drop the bill from us as of all the mistakes the idiot staff had made, but I still get emails from the online advisor I spoke to saying that they are still going to bill us that money, when I reply to the emails I dont get a response. I have emailed the manager numerous times to complain and again had no response. Needless to say we are switching suppliers! Not worth the bloody stress!!

Gabriel1234's Response to Dex1's Review

Written on: 04/12/2013

So sorry to hear this but, isn't it amazing that a chosen supplier for a utility can cause so much stress in one's life. I went to hell and back with EDF but, it was a great learning curve for me just to just reinforce how large organisations have no ideas about customer services, honesty and transparency. Their poor staff! Imagine being trained to not respect or understand the needs of the customer and give out conflicting information. I would love to see the training maual or meet the trainers (if any at all) Laughable isn't it, but shame on the CEO! Does he care, no probably gleefully looks at his paycheque each month...