Very poor after sales experience which ignores consumer law

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Dan83's review of Sony Centre

“Very poor after sales experience which ignores...”

Written on: 27/07/2013 by Dan83 (0 reviews written)

Having purchased a Sony VAIO directly from the Sony online store I assumed I was buying into a premium brand and would benefit from the quality and service that should entail. Unfortunately, having only had the VAIO for 6 weeks and only having used it a few times it has become apparent that there is an intermittent hardware fault related to its WIFI. Having searched the forums it appears to be a known and relatively common issue.

I advised Sony of my problem and requested a refund/replacement as the machine was not as described or fit for purpose. I received a blunt and impolite response informing me that my only entitlement is to return the laptop to Sony so they can attempt to repair the machine. I am now left having the inconvenience of having to be without the machine and wish I could simply get my money back.

I accept that thing go wrong with purchases, but when they do the important thing is how you are dealt with as a consumer. I expect to be dealt with fairly and politely but Sony clearly has other ideas.

If I had known prior to purchase how Sony treat their customers when things do go wrong, when you really need a company to step up, I would never have bought a Sony VAIO. Having had these experiences I will not be purchasing any Sony products again.

• Quality