2 Urbania units in 28 months!!

From 1 review

Guest's review of Cavavin Urbania www.cavavin.com

Cavavin Urbania www.cavavin.com

“2 Urbania units in 28 months!!”

Written on: 01/01/2013

The unit works well when it works and that's the clincher. The first unit we purchased new, at around 13-14 months started making noises inside at the back of the lower zone. The fan was rubbing as the back plastic wall/vent was melting by the heater that regulates the lower zones temperature (Red wine zone). Called and emailed the manufacture, they said there was nothing that could be done as the unit was one piece. They suggested cutting the plastic around the vent to expose the heater fins. eventually the noise became worse and intolerable. Called Cavavin and they sold us a remanufactured unit for a little less than a new unit. The 2nd unit at 11 months stopped cooling. Took 3 weeks for Cavavin to get a 3rd party technician here to service the unit. The technician told me in person it was the compressor and Cavavin would get back to me. When Cavavin did contact me, they did the song and dance the unit is not repairable as the inner cooling tubes had failed. Not what the technician here said, he couldn't even open the unit to expose the cooling tubes since it's built in to the unit. So Cavavin said they would offer me another unit, a 3rd unit to purchase with another very small discount. Of course why would I continue to spend money on something that is not really warrantied? Stay away from this unit. It is not coincidental of these problems and disposable units.
Pros: works great when it worksCons: dispoable, horrible warranty, waste of money

Stylia's Comment

Written on: 31/05/2013

Hello

I work with Cavavin. I am concerned about your issues and would like to discuss this matter further, or at least have someone escalate the matter. Please contact either myself or Cavavin directly.

Thanks,

Greg

Trevanders's Comment

Written on: 02/09/2013

Hi,
I too have a Canavin Urbania Novice.
No matter what I do I am unable to reset the temp to a lower value. It always shows 72 deg F.
What can I do to lower the temp. immediately?
Hope you can provide some advice.
Thanks

Tripper1966's Comment

Written on: 12/02/2014

I have contacted Cavavin enough times to frustration. Apparently the matter was escalated to your sales manager. It appears it's a complacent company that has poor follow up. I've wasted enough time trying to have this resolved and enough money on two wine coolers in less than 28 months. I think that says enough. I will never touch your product nor recommend it again!!