Pefect for pearly whites

• Style

• Service & Support

LydiaRae's review of Braun Oral-B Professional Care 7000 Power Toothbrush

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 7000 Power Toothbrush

“Pefect for pearly whites”

Written on: 06/11/2012 by LydiaRae (2 reviews written)

I was recommended to buy one of these electric toothbrushes some years ago by my dentist. They had some for sale in the surgery but the receptionist said don't buy one here Boots have them on offer! That was very kind of her but then they are the kind of place that pokes around in your mouth for two minutes and charge the earth as if it's pocket change, so I didn't feel too bad. I visited Boots and the cheaper electrical toothbrushes did seem quite cheap and bulky and with not many features (although how many does one really need I'm not sure myself but there you go). So I plumped for this model, which was on promotion also and still cheaper than the price in the dentist surgery.

Upon getting it home and opening the bombproof packaging I was slightly disappointed to find that it had a European two pin plug and I would need an adaptor before I could even get it charged up and ready for action, so to speak. An adaptor was duly purchased from Wilkinsons for less than 50p, so why to goodness can they not include one on the box? Once charged, I found the features on this toothbrush very good, especially the timer and the sensor that reacts if you're putting too much pressure on. These were excellent for my brushing needs as the dentist had actually identified that I was going too hard and for too long and damaging my mouth in the process.

If find the brush itself works like a dream. My teeth feel beautifully clean and as if I'd just had a polish at the dentist. It really does what it's supposed to. It feels sturdy and well made and isn't too bulky in the hand. I've marked this toothbrush down a star though for the adaptor, the cost of the replacement heads (although I make mine last!) and because it seems to need charging overnight every night to work.

• More than 1 year